Swimfit Midlothian COVID 19 Policy
COVID 19 POLICY
This policy sets out the measures Swimfit Midlothian is actively taking to mitigate the spread of the coronavirus. You are requested to read and follow all these guidelines diligently, to sustain a healthy and safe environment when attending Swimfit Midlothian Swim Sessions. It is important we all take responsibility to adhere to the Swimfit Midlothian Policy. All your health and personal data will be treated confidentially.
This COVID 19 policy is susceptible to changes with the introduction / reduction in governmental guidelines. You will receive an amended copy via email each time changes are made.
This coronavirus policy applies to all Swimfit Midlothian employees and members who coach and attend Swimfit Midlothian Swim sessions.
NHS Inform Scotland
You should stay at home if you have symptoms that may be caused by COVID-19. You should also stay at home if someone you live with or someone in your extended household has symptoms.
- The person with symptoms should stay at home and isolate for 10 days from the day their symptoms started.
- Everyone in the household and extended household should stay at home and isolate for 14 days.
- Visit nhsinform.scot for more detailed information: https://www.nhsinform.scot/illnesses-and-conditions/infections-and-poisoning/coronavirus-covid-19/test-and-protect/coronavirus-covid-19-guidance-for-households-with-possible-coronavirus-infection
- The person showing symptoms should be tested for COVID 19. You can access this guidance and request a test through NHS Inform Test and Protect: https://www.nhsinform.scot/campaigns/test-and-protect
COVID 19 Officer
Head Coach, Lisa Fowler, has completed COVID 19 Officer Awareness training on 27th August 2020 with STA. The COVID Officer will oversee the following:
- PPE is used correctly when required to mitigate the risk of transmission of the virus
- Communicate good hygiene at all times
- Request the use of hand sanitiser stations
- Complete a COVID 19 safety brief at the beginning of all sessions
- Circulate written guidance on attending sessions and the COVID 19 policy through email and media points
- Check the Scottish Government and Scottish Swimming for the latest government guidance and make the necessary changes to the Swimfit Midlothian COVID 19 Policy.
- Liaise with the Venue to ensure the COVID 19 policies are aligned
- Ensure the COVID 19 Policy is adhered to at all times by coaches and members
- Take a register at the start of each session and check contact telephone numbers for test & trace information
- All session registers will be kept for 21 days as per the government test & trace guidelines
- Communicate with all members via email and social media should lessons be cancelled due to local or national lockdown enforced by the government
Arrangements in Place
Mitigating the transmission of COVID 19 within the Venue and Sessions
Swimfit Midlothian and all its members will follow the one way system for pool users (see appendix 6 at end of policy) and adhere to the venues safety procedures:
- All members to arrive ‘beech ready’. Ideally wearing slip on footwear and no heavy outdoor coats
- Facemasks to be worn by all Swimfit Midlothian members at all times when not in the pool
- Social distancing of 2 metres is in force in all areas of the building and pool
- Enter the building via the left hand side door
- Use the hand sanitiser station
- Enter the pool via the viewing gallery (see appendix 6 at the end of the policy)
- Once on the viewing gallery proceed to the furthest 2 metre space away from the entry door
- Members will remove outdoor clothing and place in bag being careful not to shake their clothes as this can spread the virus into the air. Facemasks should still be worn at this time
- Members will await the CIVID 19 safety briefing from the coach before proceeding to place their belongings on the allocated poolside tables. Spaces will be marked 2 metres apart
- COVID 19 officer will take register
- Follow the coaches direction to enter the pool and adhere to social distancing as advised at the session
- Throughout the lesson, keep hands submerged where possible and limit touching pool ladders and face
- Members will bring their own goggles and equipment. All can be purchased form the coach and sanitised before use.
- The COVID 19 officer will set out sanitised poolside markers to ensure social distancing during coaching
- At the end of the sessions, members will exit the pool and follow the one way system to the changing rooms.
- The hand sanitisation station will be used before entering the changing rooms. (no showers will be available)
- Facemasks are to be worn in the changing room and are not to be removed until you have exited the venue.
- You will exit the changing rooms, turn right and follow the corridor all the way to the end and exit out the fire door
In addition to the above steps, the following will apply to all attending Swimfit Midlothian Teenfit Session:
- Teenfit members will form a socially distanced queue on Saturdays at 4.40pm at the right hand side door to the venue.
- Only 1 parent / guardian should queue with their child
- Facemasks should be worn by all members
- No parent / guardian is to enter the venue
- If you are a parent / guardian that is not known to the coach or a different parent / guardian will be collecting the child, make this known to the COVID Officer at drop off time.
- The Swimfit Midlothian COVID Officer will open the doors at 4.40pm, take register and ensure all members enter, use the sanitiser station and are escorted to the viewing gallery for session prep.
- Social distancing must be adhered to at all times by all members regardless of age.
- At the end of the session, the COVID Officer will ensure hand sanitisers are used and all members enter the changing rooms
- The COVID 19 Officer will meet the Teenfit Members in the corridor and escort them down the corridor to the fire exit where they will be signed out to the parent / guardian.
Pre Class Wellness Check:
If you answer yes to any of the following questions, you should not attend class and follow the links above to NHS Inform Scotland. By attending the session you are declaring that you have read and understand the Pre Class Wellness Check:
- Have you or a member of your household or extended household, shown COVID 19 symptoms within the last 10 days?
- Have you or a member of your household or extended household tested positive for COVID 19 in the last 10 days?
- Are you or any of your household or extended household currently isolating due to showing COVID 19 symptoms or testing positive for COVID 19?
If you answer yes to any of the above questions, you should email Swimfit Mildothian to inform them and follow the NHS Inform Test and Protect Guidance (link above).
You will not be able to attend class until you have emailed Swimfit Midlothian a copy of your COVID 19 test results and completed the necessary isolation period. All test results will be treated in the strictest confidence and kept for 21 days before permanent deletion. This is in line with Test and Trace guidance.
Symptoms of COVID 19
The most common symptoms of COVID 19 are:
- Continuous cough – a new cough that’s lasted for an hour or you have had 3 or more episodes of coughing in the last 24 hours
- Fever / high temperature (37.8C or greater) – your chest or back is hot to the touch, you may feel warm, cold or shivery
- Loss of sense of smell or taste (anosmia)
If you display any of these symptoms, follow the links above to NHS Inform Scotland. If you receive a positive COVID 19 test result, you will work with Test & Trace to ensure all contacts can be traced.
You cannot attend class if:
- You are aware that you are infected with COVID 19
- You are displaying symptoms of COVID 19
- You have been in contact with some who has COVID 19
Travelling to the Venue
- Remember Facemask
- Maintain a social distance of 2 metres from people
- Avoid running or fast walking that increases breathing rate
- If possible, use hand sanitiser when leaving car / leaving house
All members and the coach will use the hand sanitiser stations located throughout the venue and poolside to ensure good hand hygiene. This is particularly important every time you have come into contact with a ‘high touch’ area such as hand rail or door handle or coughed / sneezed.
High touch areas such as handrails, door handles, toilets and pool ladders will be minimised through the following actions:
- Ensure you use the toilet before leaving home to attend a Swimfit Midlothian session
- Do not touch handrails on the viewing gallery
- Enter the pool via a sit and slide method where possible. Where the use of ladder entry is required, ensure you place your hands under the pool water as soon as you have entered. The chlorine is proven to kill COVID 19 and will sanitise your hands.
- Use sanitiser stations throughout the building to ensure hand hygiene
The COVID 19 Officer will provide antibacterial wipes for the following:
- Exit the pool if you begin coughing, collect an antibacterial wipe and cover mouth. Dispose of wipe in bin, sanitise hands before entering pool at a socially distanced marker.
- Exit the pool if you feel your nose requires wiping. Collect an antibacterial wipe and wipe nose. Dispose of in bin, sanitise hands and enter the pool at a socially distanced marker
All members should bring their own equipment and goggles. These can be purchased from the coach and sanitised before use.
Isolation of a member displaying COVID 19 symptoms
- Any member or coach displaying COVID 19 symptoms will be removed from class and isolated as per the venues risk assessment.
- The COVID Officer will inform the venue and support identification of high touch areas that the person displaying the symptoms may have been in contact with for immediate cleaning.
- The COVID Officer will keep a record of who showed symptoms, session time and attendees and what action was taken. This information will be kept in confidence for 21 days in line with test and trace guidelines.
- The member should leave the venue when authorised to do so and follow the NHS Inform Scotland Test and Protect guidance (link above)
- The member will email Swimfit Midlothian to confirm outcome of COVID 19 test and complete the required isolation period.